Somewhere in Time

Have you ever seen the movie, "Somewhere in Time?" The one with Christopher Reeve, whose character falls in love with a woman who lived years before his time? I haven't finished it. When I was younger I watched the first couple of minutes and decided a nap was much better.

Yet the concept in interesting. The idea that someone can fall in love with the past...? Though I haven't fallen in "love" with someone in history, I certainly am quite fond of tiny towns tucked away in the backwoods of Northern California. When you walk down the streets you feel like you've stepped back in time, whether it's because of the big band music piped through tinny sounding speakers, or the hundreds of antique shops that decorate dusty windows with fraying furniture.

I stole one of my good friends, Lauren, away for the afternoon and spent the day soaking up the beauty of Amador City, Sutter Creek, and Jackson.

Malts and old bookstores? Abandoned streets and Victorian houses?
Makes for a lovely afternoon.








No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your sweet comments! i read every single one <3